Click to tweet: http://clicktotweet.com/uoa4S
Aspersive's channel is: www.youtube.com/channel/aspersive . Please visit his channel!
YouTube Accent Tag/Challenge:
Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, Envelope
1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
4. What do you call gym shoes?
5. What do you say to address a group of people?
6. What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
This is one of those standard YouTube things which in general i should either do more or less of. Nonetheless, it interests me rather a lot because i'm interested in language and accents generally.
You can see, incidentally, that this video depends particularly strongly on the description compared to most of the others i've uploaded, which raises the question in my mind of how many people read descriptions or comments. I suspect that the average viewer's approach to YouTube is to see each video in isolation. Thinking back to the days before 6649, when Imrational piqued me sufficiently to induce me to start my channel so i could reply to his video on herbalism, i probably thought of it that way too. Incidentally, and sorry to harp on about him again, i have a horrible feeling my channel is older than Charlie's and that the three of us (Nineteenthly, Sleepoversweet and Sonicissocoollike, now known as Theintrostealer) were pretty early subscribers of his channel. However, in spite of his self-doubt after Blade376's criticism where he deleted all his videos, unlike me he didn't institute the idiotic policy of deleting every video which got fewer than a gross of views in the first week after uploading. Having said that, i'm under no illusions about the alternative status of this channel, though it is a bit annoying that the Uddiyana Bandha and wee-wee drinking vids are the only ones left from that "era" - even my reply to Imrational is gone.
Anyway, it so happens that this video, like that one, is a reply to Aspersive, whose channel is here. Though he has yet to upload many videos, i think he would appreciate the audience and feedback, as uploading videos to a deafening silence is most disconcerting and unhelpful, rather like writing a blog nobody reads, so just in case you happen to be reading this i would implore you to click on that link.